The Glasgow Academy - Cargill Hall AV System
With Cameron Communications being a long time supplier and installer of Audio Visual equipment to The Glasgow Academy, they asked us to review the existing setup at Cargill Hall which was opened in 1957 and had been earmarked for much needed refurbishment and modernisation.
A more up to date and efficient Audio Visual solution was required, we identified the following:
- A higher specification projector was required to replace the ageing low resolution VGA projector
- A larger, high quality projection screen to match the new projector
- Additional wall mounted displays that replicate the image from the projector, improving coverage throughout the room
To satisfy all of the requirements above, the following system was introduced:
- A projector with higher resolution and brightness was required.The Hitachi/Maxell MPWU8801ML Projector was specified giving WUXGA resolution at 8000 lumens brightness, ensuring perfect images, and with a laser light source, virtually no maintenance would be required
- An Elite VMAX2 Series 16:9 Projection Screen was supplied providing the viewer with the widest possible viewing angle with perfect diffusion uniformity while giving precise definition, image colour reproduction and black and white contrast
- Kramer presentation switchers offered additional HDMI and VGA inputs, while Kramer HDBaseT Transmitters and Receivers provided lossless distribution of the sources to all of the displays across the room
- The inclusion of a Barco ClickShare CSE-200 allowed wireless connectivity for video and audio from laptops and Smart devices from anywhere within the room.
- Discreet installation of the Presentation switcher, distribution unit cables and the Barco ClickShare, provided a streamlined system which dramatically cut down on set-up time, offered much improved connectivity and technology and provided a solution which blends easily with the fully refurbished hall
After the successful installation visit, the system is now operational. The AV system in Cargill Hall has now been fully modernized, allowing them to have great looking presentations with ease. We continue to provide support to the customer as they gain familiarity with the system operation, ensuring they are maximising the investment they made.